I first found yoga as a teenager and was impressed with how the practice challenged me physically and mentally. I kept up an interest in yoga throughout my twenties and got drawn towards a variety of different styles including Ashtanga, Iyengar and Yin.
A minor operation in July 2013 left me unable to practice yoga asana (the postures) for a while, and I was guided to meditation by a teacher. Since this time, I have held a daily practice which consists of asana (postures), pranayama (breath work), meditation and chanting. Modern life does mean that it’s not often practical to practice all of these in one day! I spent some time in 2014 reflecting on how the path of yoga was helping to transform my confidence, clarity and outlook on life. It really had started to infiltrate all areas of my life and I wanted to learn more.
I finished studying for my 200hr teacher training with Yoga London in March 2015 and continued to study pre and post natal yoga in the same year, graduating in July 2015. As all yoga teachers will testify, training to become a teacher opened my eyes to how vast the subject of yoga is. The journey of learning and discovery continues and, on top of my own regular practice and reading, I also attend regular workshops and classes with senior teachers.
I live in Kingston-upon-Thames, with my husband, young son and cat. In my spare time, when I’m not practicing yoga, I can often be found at our allotment growing delicious seasonal vegetables or cooking up a storm in the kitchen.
Holly Hood is a registered teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Holly Hood Yoga is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Any related injuries or illnesses you may have had or currently have.
- Emergency contact details (name and number).
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping of attendance at classes for insurance purposes
- To tailor elements of the class to ensure the practices is safe for certain conditions and injuries
- In the unlikely event of a cancelled/rescheduled class we can contact you
- To inform you of classes and events run by Holly Hood Yoga, and/or information relating to yoga and wellbeing that we think you may be interested in
- To ensure there is someone we can contact in the event of an emergency during a yoga class
Holly Hood Yoga is required by the terms of its insurance to keep your details on file for 7 years after the last class you attend.
We are committed to keeping your information safe. The paper form that are filled out before a yoga class are kept under lock and key. Your email address and name is stored in Mailchimp so that I may contact you through this platform by newsletter. I am confident that Mailchimp is a secure platform for this purpose.
Holly Hood Yoga will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may unsubscribe from the Holly Hood Yoga mailing list at any time.